Better Sitters Today. Better Parents Tomorrow.®
SAFE SITTER® provides adolescents with improved childcare skills to reduce the number of accidental and preventable deaths among children by teaching CPR, choking child and infant rescue breathing, and how to properly secure a home against safety hazards.
The curriculum is medically accurate and developmentally appropriate and includes the following:
- Basic life-saving techniques for choking infant/child and first aid
- Safety precautions to prevent accidents
- How and when to summon help
- Tips on basic child care
- Introductory employment skills
For more information, read Safe Sitter: Vital lessons for babysitters by Danielle Sutton as printed in the winter 2010 issue of JLNO's Lagniappe magazine. You may also contact The Parenting Center at 504-896-9591.
Schedule & Fee:
Single day SAFE SITTER® classes are available on Saturdays and Sundays during the summer. The fee is $50 per child, and students should bring their lunches. Classes are held at JLNO’s Headquarters at4319 Carondelet Street in Uptown New Orleans.
Summer 2015 Schedule
9:30 am to 4:30 pm
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
|June 4||June 5|
|June 11||June 12|
|June 25||July 10|
|July 16||July 24|
|July 30||July 31|
All Saturday classes are from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. All Sunday classes are from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Lunch is provided, and we invite parents to graduation at end of each class.
How to Register:
Participants must register with and pay The Parenting Center. Click here to download the registration packet for completion.
Your options for returning the form and payment are as follows:
- Mail: Send completed form and $50 check payable to The Parenting Center: The Parenting Center, 200 Henry Clay Avenue*, New Orleans, LA 70118 (*mailing address only)
- Email: Send completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 504-896-9591 immediately with credit card information
- Fax: Send completed form to 504-896-3965 and call 504-896-9591 immediately with credit card information
- In Person: Visit The Parenting Center main office at 938 Calhoun Street. Do not use this address for mail.
Places can only be reserved when the completed application and the fee have been received. Registration forms received without payment will not be processed or considered. Space is limited, so return the materials early to get your first choice.