Speaker Series: Employment Empowerment
The Junior League is the premier source for civic leadership training and development opportunities for women who want to bring about lasting and significant change in their communities. We are continuing this endeavor with our 2017-2018 Speaker Series, which focuses on Employment Empowerment to help women become informed to correctly perceive and navigate their chosen employment paths.
Whether you are a professional who works primarily in an office, are a flex schedule or flex location employee, self-employed, or looking to start or develop your own business, you will gain information from presentations and panel discussions on negotiation, women in the workplace, and entrepreneurship:
- Mike Lappa – career transition expert
- Reagan Charleston – owner and designer of Reagan Charleston Design jewelry
- Kim Bradley – founder of Kim4Kids, LLC pediatric occupational therapy
- Barkley Rafferty – founder of Royal Merchant Trading Company
The topics include:
- How to ask for what you want (interviews, promotions, etc.)
- Women in the workplace
- Navigating entrepreneurship as a woman in different professions
While not required, please click here to register to attend.
The JLNO Speaker Series is an educational initiative to address the needs of women and their families in the New Orleans community. Free and open to the public, the Speaker Series presents Employment Empowerment, an event tailored to empower those in any and all employment situations. Empowerment in employment is designed to help women become informed, educated, and in control of navigating their chosen employment path.