For over 94 years, the Junior League of New Orleans has provided women the infrastructure to envision and execute impactful and relevant voluntarism. This goes beyond teaching entrepreneurial skills to a child or providing diapers for families.
Guided by our mission and focus area of Advancing the Wellbeing of Women, our members identify a need, envision a solution, and then administrate, staff, and execute projects that improve lives in our community. We equip our membership to be effective volunteers and quality leaders for today and in the future.
Our current projects expand throughout the city:
- Our Diaper Bank serves thousands of families by distributing over 500,000 diapers each year.
- Along with in-kind services and mentoring, JLNO has granted its Woman Entrepreneur Fellowship recipients $17,500 to further their enterprises.
- JLNO’s Financial Literacy for Women curriculum focuses on the 5 key financial topics of banking, borrowing, budgeting, saving, and investing.
- We are about to award our first Scholarship to a non-traditional female student seeking to start or continue a post-secondary degree.
- Our Community Assistance Fund grants over $50,000 to local nonprofits.
As a volunteer-run organization, JLNO multiplies all of our resources by 45,000 hours of hands-on service and training of 2,200 members. Your financial support enables us to provide more education and resources for women and families in New Orleans.