The WE Fellowship goes beyond giving financial support to a small business. It aligns with the Junior League mission tenet to “develop the potential of women” by offering mentoring, training, and support. As of all the WE Fellows have scaled their businesses, increasing staff, revenue, and industry recognition, and 21 finalists have gained knowledge, connections, and exposure through the pitch process.
The five WE Fellowship Finalists for 2019 were:
- Cocktail & Sons is a line of all natural, handcrafted syrups for the home and commercial bar. Made by bartenders using Louisiana sugarcane and produce, they make complex syrups for simple drinks.
- FAIT | NOLA is a plant design studio with New Orleans’ first mobile plant store and design studio. They believe in helping people connect with nature using plants as a creative medium.
- Girls Gone Buff is a performance-based bootcamp that is aimed at teaching proper functional movement patterns, building strength, and improving cardiovascular endurance. Their goal is to lead the community to a lifestyle of health and wellness and empower all women to become strong and independent.
- Southern Swings Nail Bar and Spa is the most unique and relaxing nail salon in the world with porch swings for pedicure chairs and outdoor pedicures.
- Visionary Entertainment Media Group (VEMG) is a multifaceted marketing company that utilizes the power of social interactions to execute non-traditional marketing campaigns that drive sales, increase brand awareness, and create long-term buzz.
Cocktail & Sons was awarded the fourth WE Fellowship and Girls Gone Buff received the audience award at an event held on March 25, 2019.
The six WE Fellowship finalists for 2018 were:
- Greek Girls Rice Pudding shares servings of their family recipe made with simple, local ingredients
- Nola T-Shirt of the Month Club sends Big Easy inspired tees via monthly subscriptions
- Interview Ready Now helps clients land interviews and job offers through career coaching and strategy
- La Shop Hair Boutique is a beauty brand specializing in premier hair extensions at affordable prices
- Pet Krewe outfits your cat or dog in parade-worthy costumes via their online pet boutique
- TeaBucha brews iced tea blended with kombucha for a health-minded twist on iced tea
Greek Girls Rice Pudding was awarded the third WE Fellowship, and La Shop Hair Boutique received the audience award at an event held March 20, 2018.
The five WE Fellowship finalists for 2017 were:
- Kismet Cosmetics is a beauty brand that manufactures affordable cosmetics in on-trend colors.
- Passion Lilie brings fair trade and eco-friendly materials to fashion through the company’s apparel and accessories lines.
- The Puddin’ Shop specializes in single serving bread puddings in creative and innovative flavors.
- Saint Hugh is a hunting and outdoor leisure apparel company that seeks to change how people picture hunters by making field apparel for women.
- Two Girls One Shuck delivers a travelling oyster bar to a party near you.
Two Girls One Shuck was awarded the second WE Fellowship at an event held on March 20, 2017.
The five WE Fellowship finalists for 2016 were:
- Bon Temps Boutique creates NOLA-inspired play clothes that kids can get dirty in.
- Precision Payment Systems is a broker of merchant services to find the best possible rates and most efficient processing solution catered to their needs, all while providing exceptional, local customer service.
- Sarah’s Pet Care Revolution is a team of thoughtful, kind pet experts who make life easier for pets and their people by providing at-home pet sitting, dog walking, training, and socialization.
- The Southern Letterpress uses hand-operated antique printing presses to create beautifully crafted and archival visual communications.
- Windowsill Pies delivers distinctive, heartfelt, handmade pies and tarts made with the best seasonal ingredients.
Windowsill Pies was awarded the first WE Fellowship at an event held on March 14, 2016.