Better Sitters Today. Better Parents Tomorrow.®
SAFE SITTER® provides adolescents with improved childcare skills to reduce the number of accidental and preventable deaths among children by teaching CPR, choking child and infant rescue breathing, and how to properly secure a home against safety hazards.
The curriculum is medically accurate and developmentally appropriate and includes the following:
- Basic life-saving techniques for choking infant/child and first aid
- Safety precautions to prevent accidents
- How and when to summon help
- Tips on basic child care
- Introductory employment skills
For more information, read Safe Sitter: Vital lessons for babysitters by Danielle Sutton as printed in the winter 2010 issue of JLNO's Lagniappe magazine. You may also contact The Parenting Center at 504-896-9591.
Schedule & Fee:
Single day SAFE SITTER® classes are available on Saturdays and Sundays during the summer. The fee is $50 per child, and students should bring their lunches. Classes are held at JLNO’s Headquarters at 4319 Carondelet Street in Uptown New Orleans.
May & June 2014
Saturday, May 31
Sunday, June 1
Saturday, June 7
Sunday, June 8
Saturday, June 21
Sunday, June 22
Saturday, June 28
Sunday, June 29
Saturday, July 12
Sunday, July 13
Saturday, July 19
Sunday, July 20
Saturday, July 26
Sunday, July 27
All Saturday classes are from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. All Sunday classes are from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Students bring their own lunch, and we invite parents to graduation at end of each class.
How to Register:
Participants must register with and pay The Parenting Center. Click this link to download and complete the registration form. Your options for returning the form and payment are as follows:
- Mail: Send completed form and $50 check payable to The Parenting Center: The Parenting Center, 200 Henry Clay Avenue*, New Orleans, LA 70118 (*mailing address only)
- Email: Send completed form to email@example.com and call 504-896-9591 immediately with credit card information
- Fax: Send completed form to 504-896-3965 and call 504-896-9591 immediately with credit card information
- In Person: Visit The Parenting Center main office at 938 Calhoun Street. Do not use this address for mail.
Places can only be reserved when the completed application and the fee have been received. Registration forms received without payment will not be processed or considered. Space is limited, so return the materials early to get your first choice.