Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of New Orleans. You will be joining an organization of 2,100 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JLNO reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
We accept new members once a year from January through March. The following provides some information on that process; however, we invite you to visit this page in January for updated information. In the interim, you can email email@example.com with questions.
Get to Know JLNO: Informational Sessions for Prospective Members
If you are interested in becoming a member of JLNO, you should attend one of our Informational Sessions to learn more about our organization. Dates for information sessions are to be released in January 2019.
A candidate for membership must
- be at least 23 years old as of May 31, 2019.
- reside in the New Orleans area (within a 45-mile radius of JLNO Headquarters at 4319 Carondelet Street). Attendance at a New Orleans school by an out-of-town student does not constitute such residence. Please note that prospective members are no longer required to have lived in the area for a full year before joining JLNO.
- be able to fulfill the Provisional requirements which are briefly outlined below.
- possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential as a volunteer and leader.
- have access to an email account in order to receive JLNO communication.
Notification of Prospective Members
JLNO will contact each candidate by letter to confirm that she meets the eligibility requirements and is invited to join the organization. This mailing will also contain the Provisional Contract, Provisional Curriculum, and Dues Notice. The Provisional Contract must be completed, signed and returned, along with the candidate’s dues payment, to Headquarters by a date and time indicated on the form.
Membership Requirements (tentative prior to May 31, 2019)
- Approximately ten (10) hours of training
- Approximately thirty (30) hours of volunteer service at JLNO or JLNO-partner projects
- Financial Requirements include annual dues and Money to Mission support