Join the nearly 1,800 JLNO members that collaborate to advance the wellbeing of women and families in the Greater New Orleans area.
Since our founding in 1924, the Junior League of New Orleans has trained women leaders to understand the community’s needs, envision ways to better others’ lives, and bring forth change. Because of what our members learn, New Orleans has more women founding organizations and businesses, more leaders serving on boards, more volunteers giving their time, and more donors valuing causes through financial support.
JLNO members gain valuable skills and experiences that enable you to reach your potential as a leader in our community. You will be able to create a member experience that
- meets your interests and needs
- provides personal, professional, and leadership development
- connects you with both like-minded women and other organizations committed to helping others
Any woman aged 23 or older who demonstrates an interest in and commitment to voluntarism, regardless of race, religion, or national or ethnic origin may join the 2024-2025 New Member class.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
JLNO respects and celebrates the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We welcome all women who value our Mission and aim to create and retain a membership representing all socio-demographic aspects of our community. We believe that bringing diverse women together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our community. We are committed to supporting inclusive environments. We strive for JLNO partners, strategies, and investments to reflect this belief and commitment.
Join us as we begin our second century of service and click here to complete a New Member Request Form.
If you were once a member of JLNO and want to reconnect with us, email email@example.com and request reinstatement. If you were a member of a Junior League in another city, we welcome you as a transfer. Your transfer request must be initiated from your previous League, so please contact them directly.
A candidate for membership must
- be at least 23 years old as of May 31, 2024.
- reside in the New Orleans area (within a 45-mile radius of JLNO Headquarters at 4319 Carondelet Street). Attendance at a New Orleans school by an out-of-town student does not constitute such residence. Please note that prospective members are no longer required to have lived in the area for a full year before joining JLNO.
- be able to fulfill the New Member requirements which are briefly outlined below.
- possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential as a volunteer and leader.
- have access to an email account in order to receive JLNO communication.
Notification of Prospective Members
JLNO will contact each candidate by letter to confirm that she meets the eligibility requirements and is invited to join the organization. This mailing will also contain the New Member Contract, New Member Curriculum, and Dues Notice. The New Member Contract must be completed, signed and returned, along with the candidate’s dues payment, to Headquarters by a date and time indicated on the form.
- Approximately eight (8) hours of training
- Approximately twenty-five (25) hours of volunteer service at JLNO or JLNO-partner projects
- Financial Requirements include annual dues and Money to Mission support