Join the nearly 2,100 JLNO members that collaborate to advance the wellbeing of women and families in the Greater New Orleans area.
Since our founding in 1924, the Junior League of New Orleans has trained women leaders to understand the community’s needs, envision ways to better others’ lives, and bring forth change. Because of what our members learn, New Orleans has more women founding organizations and businesses, more leaders serving on boards, more volunteers giving their time, and more donors valuing causes through financial support.
JLNO members gain valuable skills and experiences that enable you to reach your potential as a leader in our community. You will be able to create a member experience that
- meets your interests and needs
- provides personal, professional, and leadership development
- connects you with both like-minded women and other organizations committed to helping others
Applications for membership will open in January 2020.
If you were once a member of JLNO and want to reconnect with us, email email@example.com and request reinstatement. If you were a member of a Junior League in another city, we welcome you as a transfer. Your transfer request must be initiated from your previous League, so please contact them directly.
Get to Know JLNO: Informational Sessions for Prospective Members
In the winter and spring of 2020 JLNO will host a number of informational sessions for prospective members. Check back in January 2020 for dates.
A candidate for membership must
- be at least 23 years old as of May 31, 2020.
- reside in the New Orleans area (within a 45-mile radius of JLNO Headquarters at 4319 Carondelet Street). Attendance at a New Orleans school by an out-of-town student does not constitute such residence. Please note that prospective members are no longer required to have lived in the area for a full year before joining JLNO.
- be able to fulfill the Provisional requirements which are briefly outlined below.
- possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential as a volunteer and leader.
- have access to an email account in order to receive JLNO communication.
Notification of Prospective Members
JLNO will contact each candidate by letter to confirm that she meets the eligibility requirements and is invited to join the organization. This mailing will also contain the Provisional Contract, Provisional Curriculum, and Dues Notice. The Provisional Contract must be completed, signed and returned, along with the candidate’s dues payment, to Headquarters by a date and time indicated on the form.
Membership Requirements (tentative prior to May 31, 2020)
- Approximately ten (10) hours of training
- Approximately thirty (30) hours of volunteer service at JLNO or JLNO-partner projects
- Financial Requirements include annual dues and Money to Mission support