Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of New Orleans. You will be joining an organization of 2,300 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JLNO reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
Get to Know JLNO: Informational Sessions for Prospective Members
If you are interested in becoming a member of JLNO, you must attend one of our Informational Sessions to learn more about our organization. These dates will be posted in Winter 2016/2017 for the 2017-2018 League Year. If you have questions about joining JLNO, please email email@example.com.
A candidate for membership must
- be between 25 and 45 years of age at the time of her admission on May 31, 2017.
- reside in the New Orleans area (within a 45-mile radius of JLNO Headquarters at 4319 Carondelet Street). Attendance at a New Orleans school by an out-of-town student does not constitute such residence. Please note that prospective members are no longer required to have lived in the area for a full year before joining JLNO.
- be able to fulfill the Provisional requirements which are briefly outlined below.
- possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential as a volunteer and leader.
- have access to an email account in order to receive JLNO communication.
When the application process reopens in the Winter of 2016/2017, interested individuals will need to complete a Candidate-Sponsor Agreement Form to be posted on this page.
- A sponsor group must be composed of two members, one of whom must be an Active Member. Sponsor groups may consist of two Actives OR one Active and one Sustainer. Members may sponsor up to two (2) candidates per year for membership.
- Members must be in good standing and have paid all financial obligations in order to sponsor a new member. Non-resident members are not eligible to propose candidates.
- If you know a potential candidate for membership but need help in securing her sponsorship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Return completed forms to JLNO Headquarters no later than the date specified on the form when it is posted. You may send completed forms via one of the following methods:
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Fax to 504-897-9496.
- Mail or hand-deliver to 4319 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70115.
Notification of Prospective Members
JLNO will contact each candidate by letter to confirm that she meets the eligibility requirements and is invited to join the organization. This mailing will also contain the Provisional Contract, Provisional Curriculum, and Dues Notice. The Provisional Contract must be completed, signed and returned, along with the candidate’s dues payment, to Headquarters by a date and time indicated on the form.
Membership Requirements (tentative prior to May 31, 2017)
- Get to Know JLNO Informational Session
- Provisional Welcome & JL 101 Training Session
- JL 102 Training Session via webinar
- JL 103 Placement Training Session
- Four (4) General Meetings
- Bloomin' Deals Shifts (six (6) shifts at JLNO’s Bloomin’ Deals Thrift Shop)
- Community Shifts (four (4) shifts at JLNO Community Project, Community Partner, Fundraiser, Special Event, or Headquarters)
- Financial Requirements include annual dues and rummage donation to the Thrift Shop