Bloomin' Deals Thrift Shop
Located at 4645 Freret Street Uptown
Bloomin' Deals is only a few blocks from Tulane and Loyola Universities.Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closed on Mondays
The operation of a thrift shop as a permanent JLNO fundraiser dates back to 1927, when the first shop opened on Royal Street. It later moved to Bourbon Street before relocating to its present Uptown buildings in 1960.
In addition to a paid professional staff, JLNO members support Bloomin' Deals by working volunteer shifts and donating merchandise to the shop.
Throughout the year, Bloomin' Deals stocks a huge selection of new and used adult and children's clothing and shoes, designer-label clothing, housewares, furniture, books and much more.
Bag Day - March 7, 2015
Twice a year, Bloomin' Deals holds a Bag Day, where you can fill a 33-gallon bag with all the merchandise you can carry out of the store for just $10 (cash only). Come early as our customers line up to stock up!
Bloomin' Deals will be closed on Sunday, March 8 to freshen the store and merchandise.
Visit Bloomin' Deals beginning Tuesday, March 10 for first pick of the fabulous Spring items just put out on the floor.
Guidelines for Merchandise Donations
Merchandise donations are accepted from the public on the first Saturday of every month from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm Requirements for donation are listed below:
- Items must be clean. No stains or holes, please!
- Bed linens must be marked with size.
- Men's pants must have the waist size marked in them.
- Men's suits must be marked with the size.
- Any garment without a size tag must be marked with size.
- No underwear unless new and unused.
- No broken electronic equipment.
- No children's toys, carseats, strollers or juvenile furniture of any kind.
- No margarine tubs, footless chairs, or "mystery" items.
- No ladders, power tools, exercise machines, baby furniture or sporting good items containing moving parts.
Can't fit your items in your car? Have Mighty Men (firstname.lastname@example.org or 891-5845) pickup your large or heavy items, such as furniture. All items must be in good, working condition and accessible on the ground floor of your residence.
Follow Us on Social Media
Tweets by @JL_BloominDeals