Leaders of nonprofit organizations must maximize resources, fundraise, plan for sustainability, and strategically partner for success. Many nonprofit organizations working hard to improve our region are facing enormous challenges and are seeking energetic, talented, and qualified leaders to help them achieve their mission.
Started in 2008, Get on Board is a single day workshop providing knowledge and skills to current board and staff members and those that wish to be placed on a nonprofit board at the conclusion of the training.
Through engaging presentations from nonprofit experts and interactive role-playing, participants learn a board member’s responsibilities and how these responsibilities relate to others within the organization. Get on Board workshop topics include:
- financial policies and fiduciary duties
- legal considerations
- meeting and committee management
- strategic planning
- effective leadership development
Participants will gain increased competence and confidence to develop and maintain a well-run nonprofit organization.
This fall’s Get on Board session took place on September 7, 2019.
Our speakers were:
- Jim Kelly, Founder and Executive Director of Covenant House
- Meg Bonavita, President of the Board for Dress for Success New Orleans
- Katie Triplett, Executive Director of the Mississippi/Louisiana Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- and more!
Thank you to our generous sponsors: