Women Leading for a Greater New Orleans
The Junior League of New Orleans celebrates our members who are Women Leading for a Greater New Orleans. These change-makers contribute to a variety of industries, develop their potential through our infrastructure, and implement our organization’s impact. We are proud of these inspiring and diverse members who are empowering the next generation of women leaders.
Learn more about our members by watching our videos.
One civic-minded woman can start a movement. JLNO is a thriving organization where a woman can envision and execute her commitment to voluntarism in a way that is impactful and relevant to her and the community in which she serves. Training sessions and volunteer work provide each member with the knowledge and experience for effective community leadership. No matter where she is in her personal or professional development, she gains confidence by fulfilling the organization’s mission and achieving goals in a safe and supportive environment.
- Founded in 1924
- Has nearly 2,100 current members
- Offers 75 unique volunteer opportunities for members
- Provides 58 training sessions and lectures each year for its members to develop personally or professionally
- Donates over 25,000 volunteer hours each year
- Serves 880,000 members of the community each year
- Partners with 34 businesses
- Partners with 44 nonprofit organizations
- Part of a network of 290 Junior Leagues comprising the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI)
- Is the 9th largest League in the world
For over 96 years, thousands of Greater New Orleans area residents have benefited from the work of Junior League volunteers, and helping others has immeasurably enriched those volunteers’ lives.