The Junior League of New Orleans celebrates our members who are Women Leading for a Greater New Orleans. These change-makers contribute to a variety of industries, develop their potential through our infrastructure, and implement our organization’s impact. We are proud of these inspiring and diverse members who are empowering the next generation of women leaders.
Learn more about our members by:
- Watching our videos.
- Listening to our podcast.
- Reading our articles.
One civic-minded woman can start a movement. JLNO is a thriving organization where a woman can envision and execute her commitment to voluntarism in a way that is impactful and relevant to her and the community in which she serves. Training sessions and volunteer work provide each member with the knowledge and experience for effective community leadership. No matter where she is in her personal or professional development, she gains confidence by fulfilling the organization’s mission and achieving goals in a safe and supportive environment.
- Founded in 1924
- Has nearly 2,100 current members, who range in age from 25 to 102
- Within the Active and Provisional Membership,
- 99% are college educated
- 89% work outside of the home
- 82% volunteer outside of JLNO
- Offers 80 placement opportunities for members to work in leadership on a committee
- Provides 50 training sessions and lectures each year for its members to develop personally or professionally
- Delivers $1.36 in annual funding to community projects and member training
- Donates over 40,000 volunteer hours each year
- Serves 13,000 members of the community each year
- Partners with 150 businesses
- Part of a network of 291 Junior Leagues comprising the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI)
- Is the one of the ten largest Leagues in the world
For over 95 years, thousands of Metropolitan New Orleans residents have benefited from the work of Junior League volunteers, and helping others has immeasurably enriched those volunteers’ lives.